Role of Physiotherapist in Treating Knee Joint Pain
Alleviate Physiotherapy is the home of joint pain relief. We cater special care to see that you are pain free and with restored mobility and healing.
A quick sprint and a twisted knee? Got knee replacement done recently? Have a knee swelling that just won’t go? Look no further, with our guided therapy session and experienced physiotherapists in action – we will alleviate your knee pain.
What is Knee Pain?
What are the Causes of Knee Pain?
Mechanical Issues leading to Knee Pain
Sports massage is a way to maintain the body and make sure that it is healthy. It allows your body to be in the best condition possible, prevents injuries, loss of mobility, relieves pain and tension, and boosts athletic performance. It allows athletes to be more flexible and to make sure their muscles are strong and sturdy. This technique is especially beneficial for those who are into outdoor sporting activities. A quick Sports Massage before or after a long weekend of Skiing will have you back to the slopes in no time at all.
- Loose body (can make knee act like a pencil caught in door hinge)
- Dislocated Kneecap (patella, the kneecap bone, moves out of place)
- Hip/Foot Pain (can put more stress on your knee)
Arthritic Changes leading to Knee Pain
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative, the cartilage crumbles away as life goes on)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (autoimmune condition that can affect any joint in your body)
Risk Factors of Knee Pain
There are many different risk factors that can increase someone’s chances of developing knee pain that might be chronic or acute.
- Increases stress on knee joint
- Increases risk of osteoarthritis
Lack of Muscle Flexibility and/or Strength
- Increases risk of knee injuries
- Strong muscles stabilize joints and flexibility allows for full range of motion
Sports and Occupations
- Certain sports and jobs can put extra unneeded stress on knees
- Repetitive stress on knees
- More likely to hurt yourself again
How can Physiotherapy help?
Our Physiotherapists are trained in many specialized procedures that can further assist clients in their journey to a pain-free life. Some of these treatment and diagnostic modules, while in the clinic can consist of the following:
Additional Techniques to cure Knee Pain
- Manual Mobilization with Movement (MWM by Mulligan)
- Neuro Functional Electrical Stimulation/Electrotherapy (improved muscle strength for everyday functions)
- Cupping Therapy (increases blood flow and promotes healing)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)/Graston (breaking of scar tissue for enhanced healing)
- Kinesiology Taping (alters the stress force and biomechanics of the joint to promote healing)
Still wondering if physiotherapy is helpful or not? Let’s be honest, many of us are unaware of these conditions and have many questions in our mind. People often get scared of taking any therapy or they don’t consider therapy based intervention as the best way to treat knee pain. However, this cannot be further from the truth.
Such clients end up suffering from knee joint pain for a long time, and in many cases acute pain turns into a chronic condition. If you belong to the same group of clients, don’t worry – we have you covered!
Check out some of our Client Testimonials
We have an open-door policy for all clients. For this purpose, we have a 15-minute free consultation period where our experts will analyze your problems and give you quick fixes to your solution.
Have doubts – simply call us for a Free Consultation in any of the following pain symptoms.
Key Indicators for Knee Pain
- Knee pain
- Not being able to walk properly
- Not being able to stand for long
- Knee crepitus (There is knee crack when we fold the leg)
- Not being able to sit on floor
- Not being able to sit cross legged
What follows a Knee Pain therapy session?
At Alleviate Physiotherapy – Etobicoke, we advise all our clients to not ignore their pain and consult a physiotherapist as soon as possible. Miracles don’t happen from thin air – they are a voluntary process where the healer and the client both are ready to undergo treatment and heal.
Need a knee-miracle? Want a pain free life?
At Alleviate Physiotherapy – Etobicoke, your wellness is our duty. We will alleviate your pain and improve your quality of life through scientific treatment modules that will improve your mobility and enhance your daily performance.
Your healthcare is our priority. Knee Pain? Come down to our rehabilitation center and get moving!